Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

When I exited the girls' school yesterday with nothing but my purse (and my girls!), I felt an uncertain sense of relief. I took a deep breath, smiled, let out a huge sigh and felt that overwhelming feeling that I had not allowed myself to feel over the past week or two: exhaustion! Yesterday, after a crazy week/weekend, I began my day by allowing myself to attend my water aerobics class. From there, everything progressed much like a race against time. I ran to the girls' school to collect last minute shower gifts, ran to Target to complete the shower ensemble, finished up the recipe book gift and packaged everything nicely while in the parking lot of the library before my tutoring gig, tutored, ran out and back to the girls' school to chaperone a Breadmake field trip, left that early to attend the bridal shower for Em's kindergarten teacher, ran back to Breadmake to help them finish up, left with my girls.....

Once home, I couldn't really do much but sit around. It had finally caught up with me, the exhaustion and that allergy/cold thing that's been chasing me over the last month. All day I "had something in my eye" that was driving me crazy. It was probably a big sliver of stress! It sent me to bed early, had me up al night and is still itchy and red. That's because I have another long list of things to do today before my brother, his friend and his wife arrive later. It's so long that I won't get to half of it. Right now, I just have to decide what the most important half is!!

I've had enough of my calm, now I need to go brew up a storm around here!

No comments: