Monday, September 11, 2006

The Troublemaker

Full day kindergarten has been quite the adventure! Em seems to be happy, doing well, not too overtired. I wasn't sure she would share much with me as her answer in preschool was always, "I don't want to talk about it right now!" whenever I would pry for more information. I have been pleasantly surprised. Some days I can't shut her up!

There is one little boy that I hear about every single day. He is the consummate trouble maker. The funny thing is that I can't tell if Em likes him or not. She has always been attracted to the trouble makers, but mostly in hopes of reforming them! LOL So far, in the first two weeks of school, this little boy has kicked her, hit her, ruined all her organizing of books (that was the bad one - he actually made her cry, AND the teacher had to give her a tissue and drink of water!) and today he spit on her. Of course, as she is sharing these stories with me each day, she typically has a hint of a smile on her face.

Today I just had to crack up. She was in her adult mode of speaking to me, rolling her eyes, waving her hands around. She mentioned that this little boy had spit on her AND hit her all in one day. She had to tell the aide on him, and he wouldn't even listen to the aide. She then said, "So, I finally just decided today (with a shake of her head, flick of her wrist and rolling those big old eyes) he is DEFINITELY NOT invited to my birthday party!" That's good news for me, because I wasn't really planning a birthday party this year! (She plans wayyyyy ahead, as her birthday is in January!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

awwww. im so glad em's having fun!!
miss and love you guys!!!! you're beautiful!