Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Politics, Schmolitics

I cannot stand politics! They are one of the things that make living in Maryland so unpleasant!!! We had dinner with our good friends a couple days ago and their home has turned into a mini-campaign headquarters for Martin O'Malley. That kind of stuff is sort of nauseating to me. I don't think there's a politician in this state that I like right now. Which is why I've chosen not to vote today in the primaries.

I have to say, driving by a local polling location I felt a twinge of guilt, but the truth is that I'm totally fed up with politics, politicians, and the general attitude of "campaigners" everywhere I go. The attitude that "I'm right, my candidate is right and you are a total loon if you don't agree with me" is really annoying to me. I don't want to be that condescending with my friends and it's a total turn off to me when they are that way with me.

So, today, because I had to put up with looking at fluorescent green signs for a man I don't want to have as my governor (there isn't one I've seen yet that I like!), I skipped the polls. My one measly vote won't be counted. I refuse, also, to vote for a governor who will choose to use my tax money for embryonic stem cell research. That won't happen. I hate to vote based on one issue, but for those without a voice I will take a stand. At this rate, I won't be voting for a governor either!

O'Malley according to Ehrlich.

Ehrlich according to O'Malley.

Hmmm.... Slim pickin's....

No comments: