Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Livin' in Miami?

Some might think so! Em is learning her address and about where she lives, like her house. She got off the bus today and announced that she drew a picture for her teacher of her house today. Em has never been interested in drawing and definitely not coloring. In fact, when I told her she would have to use the crayons I'd bought her in school, we nearly had a mutiny on our hands!!

I probed her for some detail on this house, mostly because I've never seen a single attempt of hers at drawing anything other than stick figures. I was really curious. She told me it was her best drawing, that she had done a really good job, but her teacher told her she had to color it in. She was not allowed to leave it white. I kind of chuckled to myself because I'm wondering if her teacher thought she didn't feel like coloring it in and had no idea that our house is white, or really ivory, which is white to a 5 year old!

So, I asked he what she did to make her teacher happy. She replied, "Well, I just colored our house purple!" I mean, why not? It's her favorite color! I wanted to ask her if she remembered the pink flamingoes in our front yard!!

No comments: