Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rainy Tuesday Morning

Em woke me up this morning to ask, "Will they cancel school because it's pouring rain out?" She has been dreading going back to school since she came home last Thursday, but not because she doesn't like it. More because she's a homebody like me. I told her no, they won't, so she asked if she could take her "berella" along.

I'm not a fan of rain at all. I'm pretty sure I have SAD - seasonal affective disorder. A friend of mine who is a doctor used to tell me that. I have this general feeling of not wanting to do anything when it's not sunny out, rain only makes it worse! This past long weekend we opted not to go away so we could "enjoy" our last weekend at our pool. Well, it rained Friday and Saturday and that made the pool feel like it was filled with ice cubes on Sunday and Monday! What a drag!! I am SAD!

Today I don't know what I'm going to do. I was going to go for a walk, then grocery shopping and tutoring later. Now I'm sitting here blogging wondering if I should go to Curves instead or just walk on the treadmill, thinking about how I despise grocery shopping in the rain and wondering if my student will bail on me. I'd really like to go back to bed!

No comments: