Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Making Progress"

President and Laura Bush are traveling around Africa embracing the signs of "making progress" around countries who have used US aid dollars for fighting poverty, preventing malaria and AIDS/HIV programs. For all the negative things we hear about Bush, I happen to think it's a huge commitment he's made to that continent and one I'm happy to pay my taxes for. He has taken a stand on conditions in Africa - especially Sudan - that I agree with. While I've never been to Africa, I've heard plenty about it from our teams who have gone. Story after story is filled with hope, warmth, a resilience that we have little need to develop in our "safe" suburbs. We have a lot to learn about community from African nations and it's nice to know that we are helping in some small way to preserve future generations there.

No comments: