Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Birthday Update

So.... snow it did, ruin my birthday it did not! My day started out by T and the girls making me breakfast in bed - twice! T made his first fried egg (forgot to flip the first one and had to make me another!) and the girls were both up and dressed before 8:30 - that was two miracles before I even got out of bed. Oh, did I mention I got to sleep in a bit?;-)

Once the girls were off to school, T and I went shopping. A small miracle - I found a dress for a wedding, no small feat! And we only went to one store. Funniest moment of the day: T asking me if that had taken care of my shopping bug. LOL - men know nothing about women - 'nuf said!

From there, we ran a couple errands then had lunch at Mimi's Cafe. It was really good - we were both pleasantly surprised. We brought home the worst thing on the menu I could find - Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie - YUM! There's still half of that thing in the fridge. Between the two of us we could only eat half. We did that while watching my first birthday present, Becoming Jane. That was not the movie I thought it was, but it was still good. I'm not sure why I thought it was about a Jane Austen book club or something - is that another movie?? Weird....

After that... oh, wait. I forgot. While we watched that movie it was snowing outside. We got about 1/2 an inch total and the roads stayed pretty wet. That was nice - no big mess, buses getting stuck or anything...

Once the girls came home, we got started on dinner. We skipped gymnastics, mostly because we just forgot! Oops! Then fondue for dinner - that was an experience! Note to self: next time we have fondue with the girls, prepare something you don't have to patiently wait for so those savage hungry beasts will not whine all through dinner!! We enjoyed our dinner as well as our chocolate fondue dessert. Now the girls know why they've never had that here before. Hehe.

After dinner, showers and hair (wouldn't be a birthday if we didn't all get our hair done!), I got my presents. From Kt a Vera Bradley purse - my very first one! I love that (although I'm thinking of exchanging it for a smaller size with Kt's help!) and a 'Lil Kinz Webkinz from Em. I need that like a hole in the head, but she was so sweet getting that for me. Her doggies mean so much to her, so it was a really cute gift, especially coming from her.

Now, I'm writing and T is playing the Wii. I think he enjoyed his day off as well, especially considering it wasn't even close to being the full day of shopping I'd predicted! I'm now finishing up my laundry because I must have clothes for tomorrow. Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone. I hear the eclipse tonight was awesome - I was too cold to go out (I'm such a winter wimp!), but I sent T out for a look. Kind of a fun birthday thing.... if only it was a bit more, er, tropical outside!

One last thing - my friend, Jeremy, who I only know from blogging, have not actually met, posted this on his blog - and it was the best birthday laugh ever!! Enjoy! Thanks JDR!

No comments: