Monday, July 17, 2006

We are Family!

Yesterday, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get a little help with the clutter around here. Everywhere I look - stuff! And it's nobody's stuff until I threaten to throw it away, then it becomes sacred!!

The reason for my madness? Another SPACE meeting. This is our typical routine. House gets messy, we have a meeting here, house gets clean very fast - or at least presentable! The girls LOVE hanging out with the space teams, so yesterday, when they were less than excited about cleaning up their junk I threatened them with a bedroom ban during the meeting. That still didn't make anyone move faster, so I had to actually act upon it. I was met with utter disdain, drama, and a boatload of tears and wails.

After shipping these pour souls off to their rooms, I sat down in T's office, where he was busily getting ready for the meeting. I reached over to move the mouse so my computer screen would light up so I could see the time and there on the screen? A little diddy Kt had been working on entitled, "We Are Family". T just busted out laughing, then I joined in. "Not anymore I guess!" were his exact words.

It goes like this (she's working on this one hoping Uncle D will record it for her):

We are family
Totally cool and fun family
We are family

Did I feel like a heel? Not really, but it did lighten the mood for me a bit. I'm sure the words will be rewritten at some point. I mean - we are a way better family than that! (wink;-))

No comments: