Thursday, July 13, 2006

God of Many Cars...

We need cars. It's just that simple. I do not have my van this week as the D.C. team had a car issue and they needed another vehicle. After an email went out to lots of people guess who had to give up their car?? Me. Now, while T is out having dinner with that D.C. team I got a call. The middle school team that is leaving TOMORROW doesn't have enough transportation. If you ask me, it's a little late to be deciding that, don't you think??

We got them the church van, but apparently of the 3 or 4 adults going, no one apparently has a car that "will make it" up to PA and back. Hmmm.... well, maybe I'm being dense but isn't God bigger than car problems? Yup, I'm dense. However, I'm not dense enough to know that I don't have another car to give them! Sorry, but in a church of over 3,000 people don't you think there is one car that can get 4 people up to PA for a missions weekend? in one of the most affluent areas of our country?? It's quite pathetic if you ask me!!

Of course, planning may be an issue. But really, God is a God of many cars I'd imagine. We have two of them, one of which is being used by Him and the other of which is being used for us to make a living. Is God asking us to go carless?? or might there possibly be another car out there for these kids??? I'm just wondering...

2 comments:

tony sheng said...

As your readers might have imagined, I sort of had something to do with this...

But the team got it sorted out and they will be fine...

deanna said...

Ahhhh... I should have known that's why WE got the call. Good thing God has so many vehicles...