Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Little Fish!

We just got back from our third swim lesson of the summer. The girls are both fish, but I signed them up to learn basic swim techniques that they refuse to learn from me. Especially Em, who gives me dirty looks whenever I try to teach her anything! (Guess that rules out homeschooling for her!)

Em's lesson was first, and she wasn't all that happy to listen to the teacher either, but she sure can swim! Now we just have to work on breathing. During Kt's lesson, Em insisted on swimming in the deep water, where Kt's lesson was. In the middle of Kt's lesson, the teacher made all the other students, who have had three more lessons than Kt, get out of the pool to watch Kt swim breast stroke. I was so proud of her! I love to swim and that's my favorite stroke but I do it incorrectly so I keep telling her not to swim like me!!

When she was done she came up to me and said, "I'm good at breast stroke!!" She had the biggest grin on her face. There is nothing like being a parent of a child who has just been instilled with even the slightest amount of confidence. Kudos to her swim instructor, who just grew my daughter today in a way even I couldn't! Nothing could contain Kt's excitement about being good at something and being recognized by a "pro".

I also failed to mention that both girls, at their first lessons, were each moved ahead into the age group above them. So Em is swimming with 6-8 year olds and Kt is swimming with 9-12 year olds. Great job, girls!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Em and Kt! That is very impressive! I'm still pulling out the arm floaties for my almost 8 yr old. @_@

deanna said...

When it happens, it happens fast!=)

deanna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.