Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Day Has Finally Arrived!!

Of course, the day has barely begun!! As usual, with T's exodus to Cameroon tomorrow I am the one up finishing up "stuff". I've been going through my mental list for the past few days, all the things they will need as they head off for some place I have never even been. Yeah, I'm the expert - LOL!

Today I took the girls to Target. We spent $80 on school supplies (that's a whole post for itself!) and bug spray, Pepto Bismal and printer paper. I found Sportsman Deep Woods Off and then I found this other stuff that is 98.9% DEET!! I don't want to hear ANYTHING about mosquitoes, malaria, ticks or chiggers!! They should be all set, don't you think? Again, just a guess... I honestly have no idea!

I ran to Curves while my very expensive babysitter watched the girls. She agreed to watch them today for $10/hour. Of course, I was plum out of cash as she cleaned me out yesterday! Then I made one of my Let's Dish pizzas - burned it. Two women came tonight with two very large and extremely heavy suitcases of "stuff" to be taken to Cameroon. They just could not pass up this opportunity to send items that are greatly desired in their home country by their family and friends. I think there's a stroller in one of the suitcases!

After they left, we took the girls to the pool and then out for ice cream. I think T would have like to have spent this last evening with them, but he needed to pack. Then I needed him to run out to buy an ink cartridge because I was copying all the passports, visas, consent forms, insurance cards, etc for the leader packets. I thought this had been done earlier but T told me today it hadn't been done at all. Now, tomorrow, when all the kids arrive we'll be finishing this up. Could have been done Sunday when they all came for their sleepover.....

I have 12 duffel bags full of "stuff" for Cameroon in my living room. It's all the stuff on the missionary's wish list. Three boxes I picked up from a parent of one of them last week in Virginia. Items that we all take for granted everyday - homeschool supplies, peanut butter, maple syrup, chocolate chips (I truly cannot imagine life without those!), cameras, dvd's, cd's, candy... It's such a long list. In the morning I need to combine at least two of them to make up for the two suitcases that just arrived this morning.

I can't believe the day has finally arrived. We send them all off for this incredible adventure. I'm very excited for them. I will be heading up to my mom's over the weekend for next week. That will be fun and hopefully keep the girl's minds off missing their dad. We have tried to avoid any major home improvements after the bathroom last summer during the Brazil trip, although I do have a guy coming to install a garbage disposal this Thursday. I can't live with my sink all clogged up! I'm sure we will forget something. I'll let you know tomorrow around 2 pm what it was!=)

No comments: