Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest

T and I finally made it out to the movies. Lately we're lucky to have any time to ourselves!! The one week my mom gave us was a real blessing, but with all the summer trips happening right now we don't usually do a whole lot together. Even last night we got another call in the middle of the movie! about a trip. So that was our ride home! LOL

Anyway, I liked this movie. I think I liked the first one better, though. I wouldn't exactly call this one predictable, but it seemed a bit more comical, somewhat creepier, but not in a scary way like the last one. Johnny Depp was super in this movie, as I'm sure he'll be in the next. As were Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley. The three of them work well together!

One thing I did not like about this movie was the ending. It made me feel like I'd only seen half a movie, as clearly there will be a POTC 3, and all reports indicate it is almost finished! as it was filmed simultaneously with 2. I like movies with a bit of finality, but this one really leaves you hanging. I'd suggest if you like to see the whole story at once, wait until 3 comes out and then rent 2 to watch right before you go.

In other news, could it be that Disney has pirated Pirates???

No comments: