Friday, June 16, 2006

My Little Camper!


Today was Em's final day of Nature Camp, and I'm happy to say that she loved it!! She was really upset that it was her last day and asked if I could send her again next summer. Today was a hike to a nearby park/reservoir where the campers went on a short nature walk and went fishing. Then the families arrived for a picnic lunch before we all left. Em had a super time and now wants to go fishing again, mostly because she didn't catch anything and really, really wants to!

As for the mom I spoke of yesterday, she was there. She brought her daughter along. I said nothing to her or her daughter. It was a little strange. Even with all the competition that goes on among parents, I've never heard of anything quite as outlandish as that - and I hope I never do again.

Now my girls are mine for the summer, so the first thing we are going to do is pack them up and ship them off to Granny and Grandpa's!! We actually took them out for dinner last night to celebrate. It will be nice to sleep in a bit, go to the pool, meet up with friends and not have a lick of homework to think about for a while. I, for one, am thrilled with that! We might even be able to get a little fishing in there!

No comments: