Thursday, June 29, 2006

2 MORE DAYS!!!

Well, it'll be 2 days and we're off for sunny California. That will be a nice break from this week of floods and rain! I've had this whole week to get organized, relax (after that weekend!) and clean. I can't say that I've been overly productive. The truth is, I hardly know what to do with myself!!

Today I'm going to run a bunch of errands - drop stuff off and pick stuff up at church, get a backpack, get fingerprinted, possibly make it to Curves again and hopefully later go for a swim. We did that last night and I really enjoyed it, until the clouds rolled in. I love swimming - more than any other form of exercise. I wish I could do it year round - maybe next year!

I am very excited to go away, but also very nervous. I really want the girls to have a good time, I want my mom to enjoy a vacation, I want T to not have to do everything he has on his list - it's just too long for someone who is supposed to be on vacation. I'd love to spend a day or two just sitting on the beach without a care in the world. I'm not sure that will happen, but maybe an afternoon!?!

I guess what I really want is just a safe trip and no one to get sick. Those are my two biggest fears right now. I'm not even worried all that much about the food we'll have to eat - while totally different from what we are used to. My aunt and uncle have very particular taste in food. Luckily, in the U.S., there is a Mcdonald's on every corner, so the girls will not starve! Getting sick, though....

Well, enough of my rambling. Oh, and no earthquakes - that would definitely be bad. In case no one else was paying attention these last couple of weeks in the news: The L.A. area is all set for the "big one" and they just closed down a port in southern CA due to terror threats. No biggie - just the biggest natural disaster being imminent and we'll be in a bomb target zone. Again, no biggie!! (LOL!)

Happy 4th of July to you all!

No comments: