Saturday, November 22, 2008

Surprised!

I am really surprised by the number of people in this area trying to cash in on offering up their homes for the inauguration week/weekend. I guess I hadn't thought about it, but I will offer up this advice. If you are coming into this area for the inauguration, keep in mind that it will be impossible to drive into DC even remotely close to where you need to be, and I'm suspecting that there will be little or no parking at the metro stations. The best offer I've seen so far is someone offering a couple bedrooms, breakfast and a ride to the train station and pick up - of course, the pricetag is $800 - a NIGHT!!

We'll be around that weekend since T will be away that Friday night. I'm not offering up our house for rental, but if you have tickets and need a place to crash, and we know you ;-) let us know!

No comments: