Thursday, December 06, 2007


I am having the worst time trying to figure out whether or not to go to Connecticut. I have approval to take Emily out of school to go with me, but I have a bunch of things to do and now they are calling for a light wintry mix, am here and afternoon in CT. I don't like driving in a light wintry mix. I just don't know what to do.

To make matters worse, I have a Christmas party to attend tonight out in the country, where I've never been before, in the dark, by myself and all the roads are icing up as I type. In the directions it says that there is not enough parking, a long, dark driveway and just to park one after the other and we'll leave in reverse order. But if I am driving to CT in the morning, I want to leave early! I don't want to be waiting for everyone else to leave. UGH!

It's times like these when I think that it might be nice to have a glass of wine (or whine) with that!


kimsilver said...

I say-get to the party late tonight, so you are at the end of the driveway, and then you can leave first, or at least close to first.

Maybe just play it like you are going, and then if the roads are really bad tomorrow decide then. You might find that the roads are fine in the morning, and you worried for nothing.

Kathryn said...

I think that's a good idea...plan to go, reserve the right to change your mind in the morning.

Also, if they're saying 'light, wintry mix,' it could end up just being prob. 'Light' usually doesn't mean accumulation.

deanna said...

Well, the party was fun. I'm just assuming I'm not going tomorrow - it would be irresponsible of me to go at this point. The weather report hasn't changed, wintry mix here until noon, starting up in CT at noon - icy drizzle. I mean... I'd be crazy! So, yet again, I'm stuck at home. To make matters worse, we can't find a sitter for my work party. I missed Tony's because Kt was sick, now he'll miss mine because no one can watch our girls. I'm really beginning to embody the humbug of Christmas!