Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Brrrr!!

It's not only frigid outside, it's snowing!! Up north, we'd call it flurries. Down here we call it a disaster! There is a "dusting" on the roads and that means panic sets in, people do ridiculous driving maneuvers and lots of fender benders happen. Since the snow started after the wee hours of the morning, school is on as usual. The girls were a bit disappointed, but from the moment I opened my garage door until I stepped inside again, non-stop sirens.

When the bus driver pulled up, she said there were already 4 accidents on the one of the roads we are enclosed by. She said it's a mess out there, and that's enough for me to know that I'm not going ANYWHERE! It's not that I don't drive in the snow, it's just that I don't trust anyone who was born and raised here on these roads. My first snow day here, I was driving slalom in my little Volkswagon Cabriolet through cars that just decided they couldn't drive anymore in 1 inch of snow and stopped right on the road where the normal speed limit is 55! Crazy, I tell you!

So, I'll just be home today, baking 6 dozen cookies for my Christmas party tomorrow night, maybe another 6 dozen for the one Saturday, except that I would need more chocolate chips and I'm not going out to get them!! My best guess is that the girls will have early release from school. I'm basing this on the fact that the last time the schools didn't release early on a day like this the bus accidents were an issue. We had icing, multiple accidents, unhappy parents.... who are probably already calling the school! Anyway, I'm prepared to spend a fun afternoon decorating a Christmas tree with my girls should they come home early. What a treat!!

Happy Snow! I'm off to begin my season of hibernation!;-)

No comments: