Saturday, December 23, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter!

As some of you might remember, I came to Savannah a few short weeks ago for the birth of my nephew. The unfortunate part of that trip: the discovery while at the airport that I did, indeed, have strep throat!! Well, this morning, at 6 am on the day we were heading, once again, to Savannah, Kt came in to tell us she could hardly talk or swallow. I knew right away what that was!

12 1/2 long hours later, here we are in Savannah. Kt has her chewable amoxicillen, we are staying in the most gorgeous beach house on loan to us by an extremely generous family and it's wired!! Three years ago when we stayed here for Christmas, T and my brother spent hours on dial up - LOL! My brother will be so thrilled when they arrive tomorrow!

Since Kt is not well, we'll be hanging around here for a bit tomorrow, her 9th birthday! I cannot believe she is 9 already. Next year it will be a whole decade of life for her - I'm just not ready for that! She chose to drive all the way through and not be driving on her birthday. We had reserved a room at one of the few hotels along this southern route to have an indoor pool just in case she opted for that. Instead she saved us the dough so here we are. I guess I ought to go to bed so we can start off our trip on the right foot - the non-sleepy, time to have fun one!!

Tomorrow, for Kt's birthday, we are having lasagne at my sister's, and brownies for birthday dessert. If the weather holds out, we might even have a little beach time! What a fun birthday!

No comments: