Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bedtime Stories

Well, I just finished putting the girls to bed. Kt has a cold/fever, so she'll be home tomorrow. She went right in to bed. Em is wired. If she were a coffee drinker, I'd say she'd had too much caffeine! While putting her to bed, she counted up to 100 for me, something she's never done for me. I was impressed! She then went on to talk about school. She told me about her hearing and vision screening as if it was the highlight of her day. She then made me guess what she made in art out of clay giving me only the first sound, then again for what she made out of the extra clay!

Then, I asked if she'd gotten in trouble lately. She has been too loud a couple of times during reading group and had to return to her desk. She very sheepishly looked away, then covered her face. I asked what happened and she said, (with a huge smile/smirk on her face), "Well, I had to go to the PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!!" I had to dig a little deeper for this one, only to find that she and the one boy we hear LOTS of stories about were running in the hall. I asked her why, and she replied that he had to go to the bathroom very badly, so he ran and she followed. They DO have to stay with their partner. A boy partner to go to the bathroom with?? Hmmm... Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the whole story, or am I? Anyway, I was not impressed with this one! Thank goodness she's at least learning her numbers!

No comments: