Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Surf's Up

We went to see this movie today with our friends. It was really fun, a great hot day activity and the girls really enjoyed it. I thought it was really clever, a great story and very entertaining. The music was great - a bit retro, surfy (of course) and made me want to go to Hawaii! Throughout the movie, they did black and white flashbacks that were hysterical and very ingenious! About the only thing that I didn't like about it was the use of the word "suck", not because I don't like that word (I don't, but I don't mind it used in movies appropriately) but because the rest of the movie did not even come close to having that same tone. I heard a lot of grimaces in the beginning of the movie during that one scene - just very bizarre choice of words. Other than that, we loved it!

No comments: