Thursday, June 07, 2007

Questions

On the way home from swim team practice (yes, we are suffering through this new experience!), with a headache, having not eaten all day (but have McDonald's steaming next to me), the prospect of having a friend sleep over on a school night.... Kt finishes the ride off with about her 30th question of the day. Her questions are never straight forward, always require more than half a brain, are completely and utterly random and seemingly nonsensical. Tonight's last question was this, as we are driving through our neighborhood:

If we had a fence, would it be the kind like that one over there - just short and two things so that you could easily jump over it? or would it be like that one, high and so no one can see your yard? or would we just have a white fence? or would it be a really short one that has wire around the inside of it? or... oh, just forget it.


By the end, I was only half listening anyway. This one came after she had asked me how old our neighbor was and when I told her 3, she said, "Oh, I thought she was 4. We just went to her fourth birthday party." I won't tell you what my reply to that question was, but she might have remembered when she got to the "oh, just forget it" part of her last question of the evening. So, about that headache!

No comments: