Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Low Country

I'm down here in "low country" with my sister. Oh, and my mom, my girls, my brother-in-law and the two most adorable kids!! We have some great pictures, but they are on my sister's and my mom's cameras, so nothing to show yet! I'll try to do the cameraphone one tomorrow so I can post it.

We took the long route down, via the outlets and Super 8! After "camping" Friday night, I was exhausted! But we made the trip anyway. It only took us 3 hours to get around the beltway and down to Potomac Mills - big motorcycle accident or something. That was on a Sunday! Never a dull moment in Northern Virginia!!!

I'm not sure how long we'll be here. We have a couple things on our agenda - Juliette Gordon Low's birthplace (big Girl Scout thing), the beach (already went tonight, but I had to call the girls out of the water because I couldn't see them anymore, even by the light of the moon!), painting my sister's kitchen (we just finished stripping the most hideous wallpaper I've ever seen) and just relaxing! I would love to live down here - it's just the right pace of life as far as I'm concerned.

Tonight, Kt and I got our hair cut. No kidding, it was $10 for each of us. I paid the woman $30, which is much less than the base price at home. Living down here would be easier on the pocket book! Of course, finding a job... well, that would present a problem. I guess not really easier on that pocket book if it's empty!

I'm thinking next year, house on Tybee Island, bikes, lots of beach apparatus, marshmallow roasting skewers, plenty of graham crackers and chocolate bars, sunscreen (I'm a realist) and an iPod. Rented is fine, for at least a week with plenty of relatives and friends stopping in to make the week fun and exciting. We'll squeeze in a whale watch ride, shopping, a trip to "the downtown", as my niece calls it, and plenty of games. Am I missing anything? Oh, right, we'll be sure to bring T along next time!

3 comments:

tony sheng said...

glad you guys are having fun.
my diet this week has been:
- sandwiches from leftover lunch meat from mission advance for lunch
- pizza rolls, chicken strips and drumsticks from our freezer
YUMM

Anonymous said...

...and you were at Chicken Out on Monday night with us Tony!! I hope you are having fun with your family Deanna!! Kristin wants to go see Savannah with Terah sometime before she leaves Georgia.

Joyce

deanna said...

That's quite a diet! Don't forget to throw in some drumsticks!!

They should definitely come to Savannah - it's gorgeous!