Friday, June 15, 2007

Just When I Think I Can Breathe...

I was thinking after my doctor's appointment today I could finally breathe, and it's true. Most of the school hoopla is over. Just a crazy afternoon... and then three half days next week. But then it all begins again with a whole weekend/campout/training that T and I are in charge of. We've added a "talent show" to the mix. Lots of food to plan, scheduling, collecting $$ and permission slips, then there's the actual camping.

We are camping (I can't remember if I'm allowed to say this or not) somewhere where there's going to be a wedding Saturday morning - Ooops! Fortunately, it was approved by the right people, so there's nothing anyone can do now! Wouldn't you freak as a bride if you arrived for your wedding and saw nothing but a sea full of tents with cranky teenagers throwing cream-cheese topped bagels at each other?? It's going to be an adventure - that's for sure!

So, my dr appointment, not so good. Some big changes coming up for me. But it's all good and somewhat out of my hands so to speak. When your family history includes nearly every ailment under the sun, what can you expect? I did treat myself to a new BP machine on my way home. It's just not performing any better than the last one! In other words, my BP is pretty good at home.... just send me to the doctor and you get a whole other story!! Me and doctors - we just don't get along!

OK - breather over - I'm now off to the grocery store (again!) for veggies and dip, apple slices and then home to pack for Kt, then off to her author's tea and again take Em to swim team, Kt to her campout.... how do people manage more than two children, I wonder?? I'll never know!;-)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

D,
Hope you're OK...sounds like it wasn't a fun doctor visit.

You are amazingly busy! My sister is like that, too. Some people thrive on it. Me...not so much! I spent a few days running around with her, and I could not keep that schedule up for long.

Have fun camping :-)