Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Turning Over a New Lily Pad

We've gone and done it!! After much thought and careful consideration, our family has joined CA, which is a network of gyms, pools, recreation facilities in our area. We've never joined before because the pricetag of $125/month for our family was just way out of our comfort zone. However, since T got a job in Col., we were able to join at a nice discount, so we're giving it a try.

It's a little different having so many options each day and this summer, while we will miss our former pool greatly!!, we will have the opportunity to choose from many pools and even a small waterpark. I think we will enjoy it, but am a little nervous that we might have given up something for good that was a nice alternative. We all, except for Em, have mixed feelings about giving up our summer pool. The $800 price tag for this summer, though, is quenching all our doubts!

Today I decided to try out a water aerobics class and I loved it! I will definitely go back, as the teacher is phenomenal and the music is sort of fun. When Love Shack came on I thought, "Cute!" When AC/DC's "Shook Me All Night Long" came on I thought, "Well, this is different!" But is was honestly super fun, an hour long and while I had intended to stay for some laps afterward, I found myself quite worn out. I need to get back in shape!

I'm happy, now, to have joined an indoor pool as swimming is just a very peaceful form of exercise for me. Since I stopped working, stayed home with little kids, it just hasn't been affordable and was way too time-consuming for me. Now I'm really enjoying it - and Em? Well, she has asked us every single day since we got those cards on Monday when we can take her to swim. What a little fish, off to our new lily pads!

4 comments:

Deana said...

Im thinking about looking into water exercising for my back. I've got to find strengthening exercies for lifting Max!

deanna said...

I bet you do, Deana! My neighbor keeps trying to get me to try a class she attends called "Power" - I think you need that one!;-)

Deana said...

Power...that sounds like it takes waaaaay too much energy!!!!!

Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of exercise?

deanna said...

I'm not either - but I love swimming and it hardly feels like exercise to me, until today! YIKES!