Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's Official

Em believes that teachers know everything! I can still remember when Kt placed all her chips on whatever my parent's said because they were teachers. Of course, my girls have never applied the "teacher" title to me!

This morning Em and I were eating breakfast together and I noticed a Robin Redbreast outside the window. He was just sitting in the same spot for our entire breakfast. Em kept a close eye on him and finally said to me, "I wonder why he is just sitting there?" I replied, "Maybe he is waiting to see if this is a good place to build his nest after coming home for spring. Maybe he wants to know if this is a safe place for his baby birds." I then rambled on about some interesting Robin facts, including that there eggs were blue. She looked impressed, interested, engaged.

After a few more minutes, she looked outside again and he was still there. As if everything I knew about Robins was a farce, she said, "Maybe we should just ask mom. She's a teacher!" What did my mom say? "He's waiting for a worm to pop out of the ground." Unlikely, but that's the one we're sticking with. I mean, it is more exciting AND now we can sit in the kitchen all day watching for worms!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

LOL!