Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Miss you, Daddy!


This past year has been full of deep places for me. I have posts that I haven't dared posting, places I wish I'd never been, depths I never want to return to and loneliness unlike I've ever experienced before. It's all so ironic, because this was our year off! Lately I keep hearing the last thing my father said to me, "Keep busy!", and I am wondering if there was some wisdom in those words. Recently, this song has kept me on my feet, reminded me that the only One I can count on is Jesus. He's better than.... and someday, in His time, I'll be with him, too.
'Til then, miss you, Daddy!


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I'm sorry this year has been so hard, D. It seems strange, but loneliness often has very little to do with being alone. That's what I've found, anyway. I can sometimes be in a swirl of people and activities and yet feel very distant from everything.

There are times when I feel like I'm on a totally different wavelength than most other people. That used to bother me a lot. Now, not so much. But I remember I felt very alone during those times.

If you ever want to chat, pls don't hesitate. You know you can always find me here, on FB, home...
Thinking of you.
-k