Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Because I Am...

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"... before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth, He has made mention of my name...
See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hand."
Isaiah 49:1, 16

Only God can orchestrate these circumstances. Who would have thought? or known?? Today is the day I remember losing someone who was so important to me to something so wrong: cancer. I've rejoiced when others, friends included, have overcome the odds to which my father succumbed. But still, today is my day to remember and to mourn.

Last Friday, Kt lamented to T and I about what a creeper her new bus driver is, solely based on the fact that he knows and calls her by name. I didn't think it too creepy, but she was totally creeped out, which led me to question just how creepy this guy really was!! It also caused me to lament on how much I missed Mr. Zach, the former Navy Seal bus driver, who we haven't seen since before Christmas. Our new bus driver explained that Mr. Zach has stomach cancer and likely would not return this year. In a very small way, this was devastating to me. I didn't cry or get all emotional or anything (I mean, I'm an INTJ, for heaven't sake!), but it was grievous for me.

This morning I waited in subfreezing temps with the kids up at the bus stop. As the bus rolled up, I was waving to our friends who were already on the bus and was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Zach's smiling face! I was actually shocked, and so, so happy!! I knew instantly that this was a gift to me from God. Some might write it off as a complete coincidence, but I honestly have no idea why I even bothered to go out to the bus stop on this coldest morning of the year, considering I haven't waited out there since sometime in December. This was way more of a coincidence for me - it was a true God moment for me.

I am thankful today that He remembers me, that he hears my cry (albeit, a soft one) and that my heart is not forgotten. He reminds me that my name is engraved on his palm. And so is yours!

1 comment:

Randy and Terry said...

D, I TOTALLY agree with you that that was a gift from God to you! How awesome is that! I'm so glad that God chose to care for you in that way on that particular day. Loved, you are!