Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lockdown Drill

I just got this little eschoolnewsletter a few minutes ago:

This afternoon we had our second lockdown drill of the school year. During a lockdown drill the students sit quietly on the floor of their classroom with all the lights off. Mrs. McN and I went around and checked on all the classes and the students did a wonderful job during the drill. At the end of the drill I got on the PA system and complimented the students for doing such a great job. I also told them that it was a drill and there was no emergency. I know that lockdown drills can be scary to some students, but we do them to make sure everyone is prepared if an incident that required an actual lockdown ever took place. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at school or email me at
I can't wait to hear what the girls have to say this time! I always hear the funniest stories after days like this. The kids have NO IDEA why they are doing these. Of course, the absence of doors on the classrooms might lend itself to some funny answers if they really knew!! Thank goodness they will be fixing that security issue this summer with the final renovations. Next year, these drills might actually have more of a purpose. Now, I'm just thankful they are only drills.

No comments: