Thursday, September 29, 2005

New England

Ok, now for my first fluffy post... I love New England!! I'm excited to be heading up there today because it's been a while for me. I had to cut out my 2 weeks in Connecticut this summer so I could be here for our bathroom "remodel" while T was in Brazil. Those 2 weeks I spend up there every summer are very important for my sanity, so I am actually on New England withdrawal and it's not pretty!

The three things I love the most about New England are Spring, Summer and Fall. I could actually do without Winter in any location! The one thing I dislike about New England is the money; this includes the money that most people have and a few select do not, how it is flaunted and how much it costs to just be/get there. It's almost like going to Disney World without the magic! Of course, growing up in Fairfield County didn't help in the money department, especially growing up without money. My father was an "inner city" teacher in Norwalk (haha) and my mom stayed home with us. How did we survive? My dad was a cheap Scotsman, as he so proudly put it. Fortunately, I can look past all that and see the beauty of that area of the country. New England has so much to offer in such a small area, and it is rich in Early American history. From Mt. Washington, to Boston Harbor, to Plimoth, Newport right down to Mystic the sights are numerous and all take you back into a time past.

Needless to say, I am excited to be heading up to luxury vehicle country, where I will arrive tonight on the coast and drive 2 hours north on Friday and be in the mountains of Mass. I'm hoping for a glimpse of some gorgeous color on that drive. The price I have to pay? Well, some unbelievable amount in gasoline and precious time spent digging out all my sweatshirts, sweaters and jeans that I have not needed her in Maryland for some time! I'm going to consider it well worth the effort even before I've left!

I love New England!

1 comment:

deanna said...

Hi Keith!
I know it's early but I'm still excited!

Tony is a huge McManus fan and he actually toyed with the idea of coming up, too, and going to the Providence round table. In the end, it's just too expensive!!

And on living in New England, I'm not sure New England is ready for us yet. Being an interracial couple, we still get funny looks so I'm not sure we are ready to pull our kids out of this multicultural mecca of Washington, D.C. yet. For now, it will be frequent visits and vacations in the land I love!

Thanks for you comment and enjoy your beautiful autumn!
deanna