Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Farm, the farm and the farm....

Em and I just got back from a preschool trip to the farm! Because she LOVES animals, this was a trip made in heaven for her. Because I love variety this might be my last chaperoning job for this class. Apparently, they have 2 more farm trips scheduled for this year. Hmmm... The next farm trip is the "Pumpkin Patch" trip and then in the spring we take our big bus trip to, yes, another farm. I actually think it's rather unfortunate! Of course, Em will love each trip because watching her today you would think she grew up on a farm!!



I leave tomorrow for Connecticut. My mom, sister-in-law and I are taking off Friday to go the Yankee Candle flagship store in South Deerfield, MA(?) and then heading into Hartford for the Women of Faith conference. It should be mighty fun, I hoping even for a sneak peek at some fall foliage in New England. I am not looking forward to the temperatures!! Of course, I would be even more excited if Beth Moore were included in the WOF lineup for Hartford, but she is not. All the same, I'm sure it will be refreshing.

Well, I need to go tend my 4 1/2 year old who can't be trusted out of my sight!

OH, YEAH!: Em also has a classmate whose mother has a Ph.D. in some kind of dairy farming field and she has connections!! She can get us into a dairy farm so the kids can have a hand at milking cows. That would make FOUR - yes, 4! - farm trips in one school year. I'd give anything to go to the zoo, the aquarium, the beach.... Save me!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am SOOOOOO excited that you have a blog now! Ah! Welcome to the blogging world!!

deanna said...

Thanks, lb, if you all can do it I guess I can, too!!