Sunday, August 16, 2009

Half Way There!

I'm just about half way to 40 and remembering my list in January of things I wanted to do in this year. I figure I might as well see how that's going, even though I'm feeling right now like there are many things on there that will remain in a dream state. For a very long time!

1. Go on a cruise. This is looking more and more likely that it'll be without T. I gave him 15 years to try it..

Yeah... this one is most likely not going to happen. Forget about going with T.

2. Take at least one graduate class. I've been dragging my feet on this one - I just don't know yet what I want to be when I grow up!

I'm all signed up for this one... now I just have to survive it!

3. Fly somewhere on whim. Is this even possible when you're married with kids? Can you just wake up and say, "I want to go to Australia!" and get up and go?? I'm not sure, but I'm putting it on my list.

Nope. It's a pipe dream.

4. Do one of each of these things daily: devotions, exercise, love on my family and learn something new. Not sure it's possible, but I think I need to try.

Not sure about this one, but it does run through my head.

5. Read more than one book this year - last year was pitiful. I need to read more!

LOTS of reading this year. I've enjoyed it.

6. Visit the mouse. I haven't been anywhere near Disney anything in almost 2 years. It's a little sad because it is truly one of my favorite places.

Nope. There were talks of this happening, but I'm not holding my breath.

7. Become more fiscally conscious. When we got married, I begrudgingly gave up control of any money because T really wanted the reins. I'm at a point now where, if anything happened to him I'd be lost! I need to be a little more involved. I might even use my ATM card... if I can find it!

I've asked for an ATM card, but my request has been denied.

8. Make all those doctor's appointments I dread and actually go to them. Trust me - I go enough, so the thought of adding any more is just dreadful, but I need to.

Still on my list. Happily, the ones I've had have gone well!

9. Scrapbooking - I'm so far behind, it's just overwhelming. I need a plan, I need printed pictures and I need to get this done!!

Still not happening. I think it's a mental block at this point.

10. I want to visit at least 5 new places (preferably warm beaches!) this year. That shouldn't be too hard, except that sometimes I feel marooned on this island. Get me out of here!!!

I'm pretty sure I have not visited one new place this year, even on our trip to the Grand Canyon. And no beaches. I think I'm the only one in this family who likes the beach. I'm in escape mode more than ever right now. Everyone else is hunkered down. It's a little frustrating.

It's almost 90 degrees outside, and I have a bunch of plants out back waiting to be put around the perimeter of our new patio. There are things going on here that never made it on my list - the patio being one of them!! This is why a few things will remain in a dream state until the budget recovers. The other is our basement, which is nearly finished. I can't complain! Sorry, Mickey!

No comments: