Monday, October 17, 2005

Pink to Black

It's official, it's time, I give in! Autumn is officially here to stay. Now, for those of you who love fall and the following season of death, you may have already gladly given in. For me, I hold onto every ounce of Spring and Summer that I can. I still am carrying around my pink bag and I hate to give it up, but I think it's time to drag out the black.

It all started when I got in the car today, ready for Curves, in my shorts and T-shirt. Fortunately, T had enough sense to dress our children appropriately! I did notice on the way into preschool when I dropped off Em that most of the other moms had already embraced the idea that Summer is over. Everyone had on long pants, sweaters, jackets and were sporting warm, steaming cups of coffee. Every hue of green, orange and gold were visible with the occassional burst of burgandy. They are all my favorite colors, when they are in their springy shades! There are leaves everywhere, on the trees, on the street, piled up in yards, in my car. Everywhere I go I see pumpkin patches, dried cornstalks, funny scarecrows, and there's even the extremities of a skeleton reaching out from our neighbor's front yard (creepy). So here I am, on October 16, finally throwing in the (beach) towel. I guess fall is here and I better start acting like it!

Well, I'm off to the grocery store for my last trip of the season with my pink handbag. I'm going to stock up on cold and flu meds before I can't find them anymore. I'm armed with my "most valuable pandemic items" list that T started for me to see what I can tackle today. And off we head, for a fall/winter of flu. I think I need to move to a tropical region, for my sanity!

No comments: