Friday, October 28, 2005

Cinderella Obsession

Em, who is now 4, has been obsessed with Cinderella for years. Hard to believe, considering how young she is! I'd abstained from purchasing another costume, especially the coveted Cinderella because 1) they are so expensive!, and 2) we have every other princess dress in varying sizes. Last year, the day after Halloween, they had a Cinderella costume at the Disney store at 60% off, so I grabbed it for her for this year. Katie's 4 year old costume was a flower in a pot - homemade, like the ones we all used to have as kids! So, I gave in and bought her her dream costume.

I couldn't resist showing it her last year, and she has been soooooo excited all year for this Halloween. Every month she would ask me, "When's it gonna be Halloween? Is it this month??" And I'd reply, "No, another 9 months, honey! and then you can be Cinderella!" We even purchased Katie's Mulan costume last month and Emily asked again, "And I'm gonna be Cinderella?? Soon????"

Just a couple days ago I mentioned to Emily that in only a few days it would be her preschool party where she would get to wear her Cinderella costume. She gave me a funny look and said, "I was thinking that I'd like to be Raggedy Ann." To which I replied, "OH NO! OH NO!! You will BE Cinderella!" See the grief I have to put up with around here!

No comments: