Thursday, March 02, 2006

All right, all you Shakespeare Lovers!

Looks like DC is rounding up a six month salute to Shakespeare. It sounds unbelievable, especially for all those who love his works! I actually grew up near Stratford, CT, where there is a replica of the original Shakespeare round theater from Stratford-Upon-Avon in England. I was also able to visit this town in England where I don't recall visiting a theater but I remember seeing it. In fact, Shakespeare didn't seem quite as revered there as he does here! I believe the house where he grew up burned to the ground (or something like that??).

It looks like January 5, 2007 through June 2007 we will be head to toe Shakespeare, from the Kennedy Center, where the idea originated, to the Smithsonean National Gallery of Art. I'm doubting anyone can miss it!

No comments: