Friday, December 30, 2005

Where Did it Come From?

We are under siege by none other than the stomach flu!! UGH! Nothing can ruin family fun like this ailment. We had it three times last year in the worst form. This year my sister, her husband and their daughter went off to Lancaster on Christmas Day. My sister called me Tuesday night to say that she had had the stomach flu the night before, her daughter on Monday morning. They returned, against our pleading, on Wednesday claiming that Uncle R wouldn't get it because he had gotten the flu vaccine. Now, even I know the vaccine does nothing to prevent intestinal flu!! And they are both biologists!

Last night, guess what??? Uncle Rick got the flu! This morning, Kt woke up with it. Hers has been the worst case so far!! We are just waiting patiently to see who the next victim will be... Of course, we postponed our aquarium trip (and I won't go into why - it will only extend my rant!) to today, so I guess we'll have to skip that all together.

I sent my mom, brother and sister-in-law off to shop and have dinner. I'm sort of wondering if they'll have to come home early. I hope not! Em's been fine, but she just told me about 15 min ago that her stomach hurts. Of course, she's been hanging out down here with everyone all day.

So, we have spent all day talking about where it could have possibly come from. Who knows? It could have been hundreds of places, possibilities, origins. We'll never know. That's what is so disturbing about this illness and a myriad of others. If we knew, we wouldn't have it anymore, right?

No comments: