Saturday, December 10, 2005

Slumber Party Success

We survived! We had dinner, went bowling, had brownies and ice cream, watched Herbie Fully Loaded and the girls got to sleep around 11:15 - not too bad! We got up bright and early, had eggs, sausage, fruit, pancakes... I'm exhausted!! I never realized how much work it is for the mom's at slumber parties - what was I thinking! Now I have to go clean up everything.

Our one big bummer for the party was forgetting the camera at the bowling alley. I guess I assumed that since I had planned, cooked, shopped, cleaned and decorated (sort of!) for this party that T might be in charge of one thing. He got a couple pictures of dinner and then we had to rely on the camera phone for bowling. It was a little disappointing since for our girls, it was their first time bowling ever! Is that possible? I guess so... I thought we had taken Katie a long time ago, but she's certain it was her first time. Anyway, we are planning to go back with them sometime since we had so much fun. It's a old fashioned duck pin bowling alley - no fancy computer or anything. It was great! And for all 8 of us to bowl one game with shoes it was $49 - not bad! If you live in the area, it's in White Oak shopping center - actually, UNDER White Oak shopping center!

T and Kt are off to see Narnia. I'm taking Em to a birthday party. We opted not to take her to Narnia and she actually agreed it looked a bit too scary for her. We'll get the DVD eventually and she can watch it on the less foreboding TV in the comfort of her own home. I'll just have to take myself to the movies one night, I guess!

Funny slumber party observations. These girls, all second graders, gravitate towards playing "school" all the time, and it's hysterical watching them, because it's fairly likely their teacher acts exactly the way they do. Funny... We were fortunate all the girls seemed to get along. We had one who was kind of nasty and the others just kind of shrugged her off (that won't last much longer!), one who was the star of the evening - bowled a 98 and shared her sleeping bag with Em during Herbie, one who was just goofy, as usual and one who was a little quirky, loud but in general fun. Then there was Kt. She can be all of these things most of the time. She is a funny combination of each of them. She can be a leader and a follower, goofy and serious, the star or let others shine and loud or quiet. I saw her be each of these at different points all night. She was a great hostess, when she wasn't getting in trouble with her father for being disrespectful towards him. Yes, even at her own birthday party!

I'm hoping everyone will get to bed early tonight. I had mentioned to T a few times it would be nice to have a babysitter for this evening, but I don't think he took me seriously. I wish we had one, because I could really use a night away from kids!!

No comments: