Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mars Bars

Do you know what a Mars bar is? I admit, I had never had one until our flight home from Germany. International flights, by the way, reminded me of the way all airline flights used to be, back when they actually served food! Anyway, they gave each of us a WHOLE regular sized Mars bar. The great thing about it? We really didn't have anything like that (except the delicious chocolate from our CA moms!) while away, so having a WHOLE candy bar on the way home in addition to the ham and swiss sandwich was awesome.

A Mars bar is a Milky Way - I never knew that. I don't eat candy bars anymore - an occasional Twix, some M&M's, but I try to stay away from those large size things, otherwise I'd eat them all the time and be even larger than I am. Anyway, somehow my husband managed to smuggle an extra one off the plane. I just ate it. It was good. It reminded me that I'm not longer there, I'm here - but it was still good! Now, I'm off to get some dinner together. (hehe)

2 comments:

megan said...

I found a mars bar in my sock drawer this morning-wrapped :)-and I had it for breakfast!!!!! YUM!

deanna said...

I think you must be my soul mate! LOL