Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Fractured Prune

Today, I participated in a field trip I was finally "chosen" to chaperone. I am never chosen for the good ones - theater, museum, aquarium - then again, they are few and far between! Instead, I get "chosen" to hike a mile to the local donut shop!!

Anyway, I figured it was worth mentioning on here because I'm completely impressed with a tiny donut shop that will agree to take the time to show almost 90 third graders, their teachers, chaperones and aides how they make donuts, run a business and then teach them to dip their donuts AND let them all dip their own donut as a treat. All that for the small price of $0. Yup, that's no typo, it's a big fat zero, zip, nada, nothing!! I mean, I would have paid $1-2 and thought nothing of it, but no, they charged nothing. I guess that's why we walked! That, and to burn off the donut (which I did not choose to partake of - aren't you proud of me!)

Anyway, if you have a Fractured Prune near you, you might stop in and support a place that so graciously supports our children and education. Their donuts aren't half bad either!

No comments: