Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pump It Up!

Em and I just got back. It was fun! The place was actually much smeller than I'd envisioned. There was a large structure that the kids climbed through and it ended as a slide, two moon bounces, one smaller with big boxing gloves (not liking them too much) and a larger one with a flower bouncer in the center and then a huge slide. I actually witnessed a scary slide incident. A larger kid decided to go down head first, like many other children were, but his face slowed down the rest of his clothed body and got stuck - looked like a near broken neck. Many hearts stopped in that moment as his body nearly flipped over his head - hard to envision, I understand, but it was scary. He was fine, but as parents (there was no one from the establishment in the room ?) we instated the feet first, on your butt rule.

All in all, it was fun. I went in the large circular bounce with the flower at the end once most of the kids had cleared out. It was me, Em, her friend Er and her mom, my Jewish mom friend. We had a blast for about 5 minutes - then the moms were done!! I'm not sure how the kids can keep that up for 2 hours, but it's a great energy spender!!!

Afterwards, A and Er invited us to Chick-fil-A for lunch. It was fun, got to chat a bit. A, the Jewish mom, knows everyone. Everywhere we go she knows someone or even a few other moms. I sort of learned today that I really am not in that "soccer mom" category. These moms are way overcommitted, or at least their children are, they stopping in at Chick-Fil-A not to eat, but to let their kids run around because they had 30 minutes between activities and didn't feel like going home. I've never done that. All they talk about with each other are their children and all the things that they are signed up for. We aren't that, either. Oh well - at least I know for sure now that I'm not a soccer mom!

Now that I'm home (should be grocery shopping but to pooped!) I need to get this Pampered Chef party organized. Next big event... here, anyway! We still have CT this weekend.

No comments: